Program Advisor - USA
Vacancy for: Program Advisor
Based: New York - Lower Manhattan
How to apply: Use ‘Apply’ button on this page. Please do not send applications by email.
We’re looking for new Programme Advisor to join our team and help inspire potential volunteers to join one of our exciting volunteering placements abroad.
Who we are: Projects Abroad is a leading international volunteering and interning organization. We recruit students, professionals, and retirees from around the world to join our worthwhile programs overseas. Since 1992, Projects Abroad has developed programs in 30 countries and now employs over 400 people worldwide. We assist volunteers on their entire journey from their first inquiry, throughout their program, and once they return. Our global team is committed to providing safe and sustainable programs and the opportunity to make a global impact!
- Develop a relationship with our prospects and their families to advise on Projects Abroad projects
- Communicate with prospects by answering emails, telephone calls and online live chats to "sell the opportunity"
- Maintain all prospect communications through our database software.
- Understand the needs, motivations, and interests of our prospects in order to improve sales
- Provide your expertise to prospective volunteers and their families, providing them with key information on our programs and everything we have to offer.
- Find out their needs and motivations and match them to the most suitable project
- Collaborate with colleagues in order to have up-to-date information about our projects and products
- Occasionally assist with events outside of the office
- Occasionally take part in familiarisation visits to destinations in order to gain information and actual experience that can help promote Projects Abroad programmes
- Become an expert in all details pertaining to our programs, destinations, and logistics that make Projects Abroad run.
- Be fluent in English, both spoken and written
- Have experience in sales (preferred but not vital)
- Have experience working or traveling in a developing country – preferably doing volunteer work in one of our destination countries
- Have excellent writing skills and a professional telephone manner (essential)
- Have database management skills
- Be empathetic and have a thirst for travel
- Have the ability to relate and communicate with people from different demographics
- Be self-motivated and able to multitask
- Be located in or willing to relocate to New York
- Be legally eligible to work in USA
Program Advisors are employed on a permanent contract, subject to a three-month probationary period. Salaries are dependent on experience. Agreed day-to-day work-related expenses and employer-funded health insurance are also provided; vacation time starts at twenty days per year.
Please complete the application form and upload a CV and cover letter.
Strong candidates will be contacted to arrange a telephone interview and/or in-person interview.
Application Deadline: 30th August