Volunteering with Children
We support families with children of various ages:
- We generally accept volunteers aged four years and older with their families. Contact us if your child will be under the age of four at the time of travel to discuss your options.
- Ages 4-14: Children between 4-14 years old can be accommodated and work with their parent(s). The price per child is charged at the lower extra-week fee.
- Ages 15+: If your child is aged 15 or older, they may volunteer with or without the accompaniment of a parent at the standard per person price.
We will try to arrange family volunteering in whichever destination interests you the most, although this is not always possible. Let us know your preferences and we'll look into the possibility of organising a safe and impactful family volunteer trip. If your preferred trip isn't available, we'll suggest alternatives to find the best option for you and your family.
We provide as much as we can to ensure your trip is both hassle-free and meaningful. To find out what’s included in more detail, check out our price information page.
You can also learn more about our hassle-free approach to family travel. Our aim is to ensure your family feels safe while being able to engage fully with volunteer work opportunities.
The cost of your trip covers accommodation, meals, and ground transportation. To further enhance your family’s experience abroad, the price also includes:
- Pre-organised tours and excursions
- A bespoke itinerary for your family
- Upon request, a detailed information pack
- A presentation on the tips we offer
- A Q&A session to raise any concerns
- A full risk assessment on your trip
- Support for your application and trip preparations
- 24/support while in destination
- Fundraising advice
- Tips on booking flights
- Full induction and orientation on arrival
- Educational reflective journals for your children
Taking your family on a volunteer trip abroad will be an unforgettable experience, but it can be hard to know where to start. We’ll support you every step of the way.
- Get in touch to let us know you’re interested.
- Discuss with us your aims and requirements.
- If requested, we then send you a proposal and some example itineraries.
- Begin your application with our support.
- Start your preparations, including securing visas and making your final payments.
- Head off on a family adventure of a lifetime!
- Return home as a closer family unit, with new skills and memories.
Ready to book a family volunteer trip?