University groups can benefit from the wide range of projects that Projects Abroad has to offer around the world. Whether it’s a Student Union group trip or a faculty group project related to your studies, we aim to offer a bespoke trip that fits the needs of your group. Our projects are available for groups of 5-100 students and we aim to take the pressure off of you by organising everything and ensuring that the trip is safe, rewarding, and enjoyable for all of those involved.
Since 1992, we've specialised in organising volunteer placements in various countries around the world, helping to build schools, teach children, conserve the environment, and much more. In the last decade, we've begun specialising in organising unique and bespoke opportunities for groups of students to volunteer abroad. University students have been a primary focus of this, with group trips organised every year to fit the specific curriculum needs of students from a variety of under-grad and post-grad courses.
Why Choose Projects Abroad for your next University Trip?
University groups benefit greatly from these projects, as it allows them to:
- Gain invaluable experience, which may not be available in the UK
- Sample another culture
- Make new connections with other students from their University that they may not have met otherwise
It's possible for Projects Abroad to collaborate with specific faculties in order to arrange a project that may be a part of the student’s coursework or dissertation. Whether it’s a Nursing department looking for hands-on work experience in a developing country, or the Sciences department interested in getting students involved in Conservation volunteering, there's something for everyone.
With such a wide range of courses available these days, we understand that every university, group, and student will be different. This is why we'll work closely with you during the planning process to ensure that the project fits everyone’s needs. We also make sure that everyone involved not only knows everything that they need in order to prepare, but that they also get a say in how the trip will run. Once this is done, we’ll then organise everything else to make it as easy and simple as possible. If you need any advice, then we'll guide you through every step of the process.
Our How It Works page provides a full list of everything that we include in all of our projects, such as food, accommodation, transport, and much more. We include these so that planning, preparing, and completing your project is as easy as possible.
However, groups that travel together on a bespoke trip also get other benefits included. These are to ensure that everyone has an unforgettable experience and that they get the most out of their time abroad. These include:
- One free staff place for every nine students that travel
- Weekend trips, evening socials and cultural activities throughout your time abroad
- A bespoke and customisable itinerary for every group
- A comprehensive information pack upon enquiry
- A meeting at your university to discuss any options in more details, before you’ve even signed up
- A presentation to the students to inform everyone about the trip and answer any questions that they may have
- A full risk assessment will be carried out prior to every trip
- We will support you and the group from application to departure
- You’ll also have 24/7 support from your own Group Coordinator during the trip
- We can give ideas and advice on fundraising and what students should pack for their project
- We can find flight quotes and book flight tickets for you, as well as provide advice for any visas
- Projects Abroad provides a comprehensive induction and orientation upon arrival
- We can even put together a customised Reflective Journal for every group that links in with the student’s curriculum or subject
As Projects Abroad offers a wide variety of projects, many of our University groups find that they'd like to experience more than just one project so that they can have a more significant impact in their destination and on themselves. This may be by combining projects together such as Teaching and Building. This would allow the students to experience what it's like to be on the other side of the classroom, passing their knowledge on to others, as well as leaving a more lasting reminder of their trip through the building of a classroom or homes.
At Projects Abroad we understand that every group will have their own aspirations for a project, so we offer you the chance to tailor your group trip experience - choosing where you go, how long for, and what project you volunteer on. You tell us your time frames and we'll fit these in with the needs and requirements of the communities in our destinations.
What do others have to say?
“I look back with great satisfaction and pride with what our DSTU was able to achieve during the two weeks in Nakuru, making a real impact to the local community that we lived in for those two weeks. I had an amazing time in what is an amazing country and I am grateful for the organisation of the programme by Projects Abroad and the MOD for giving us the opportunity to go. I feel that it really developed our teamwork skills as a group as well as my own personal skills. It was the experience of a lifetime.”
- Matt Smith, Loughborough University Student
Find Out More
If you’re interested and you want to see the huge variety of options that are available then be sure to look at our projects and destinations pages. If you’d like to receive more information then please get in touch to receive a comprehensive information pack. You can contact us on 09 801 2518 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.