We've partnered with Peru’s Ministry of Education to provide access to their English language teacher training. This is an annual opportunity with a huge, positive impact.
Starting in January 2024, you’ll develop your skills as a teacher while boosting the capacity of local educators.
You’ll be working closely with others. Together, you’ll find fun and interactive ways to improve the English language ability of local teachers. You’ll also share techniques and skills for delivering engaging lessons to Peru’s children.
Grab this opportunity to teach in Peru
If this interests you, you need to act fast. This opportunity is only available in January and places are limited.
We're incredibly excited to have partnered with Peru's education system to bring you this opportunity.
As a Teaching volunteer in Peru, you will:
- Develop your teaching skills to boost education in Peru
- Help improve the English skills of local teachers
- Be fully immersed in the fascinating culture of Peru
- Live and work in Cusco, the ancient capital of the mighty Incas
- Leave knowing you've had a meaningful impact on children in Peru
Get in touch with your questions and we'll get back to you soon!
How it works
You’ll support the Ministry to improve the English language and teaching skills of teachers in Peru.
This creates a ripple effect – you improve the skills of teachers who return to schools with confidence, opening up a brighter future for their students. Even just a few weeks of dedicated teacher training can lead to decades of positive impact.
Interested? Here's what you need to know:
- You'll travel to Cusco, Peru, where our friendly destination staff will pick you up from the airport.
- Food and accommodation close to the teacher training are included.
- From 7 to 13 January 2024, you'll receive full training. You must join for at least three days, but we recommend staying the whole week.
- You'll then spend between two and four weeks training local teachers.
- You’ll work at a school from Monday to Thursday from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm. You’ll also spend three days a week in an office preparing lessons from 3 pm to 5 pm.
At the end of their training, teachers receive their certificate of completion. You'll attend the Closing Ceremony, where you'll see the impact of your work and receive thanks.
It’s not essential, but participants are encouraged to bring teaching materials, including English texts that can be used for training.
Is Teacher Training in Peru right for me?
The number of teachers needing training is expected to rise this year as it is the first training to take place since 2019. That's why passionate volunteers like you are required.
Teaching experience is a bonus, but not mandatory. As long as you're willing to engage in the training week, you can take part.
You'll form a team with local staff and fellow Teaching volunteers. Together, you'll plan fun and impactful lessons to help local teachers thrive.
This short, intensive programme is a quick way to gain experience. It's ideal if you're seeking work in education or want to take your teaching career to the next level.
Spanish-speaking skills can help, but it's not a requirement. We recommend learning a few basic phrases, but local staff will be on hand to facilitate communication.
You’ll be matched with teachers based on their ability to speak English, your ability to speak Spanish, and your experience as a teacher. Anyone can contribute.
If you're dreaming of a meaningful adventure, then this opportunity is too good to miss.
How to get started
Ready to start this journey?
Here's what you need to do:
- Read more about our Teaching Project in Peru
- Book a free consultation if you have any questions
- Head to the application form and secure your spot for just $495!
That's it! In no time at all, you'll be jetting off to Peru for this unique and rewarding Teaching Project.